Since the start of the pandemic, we have been applying certain procedures following the HPSC guidelines to try to prevent the spread of the virus.
As the groups we bring to the forest are staying outdoors, the spread of the virus is minimized. However, I am creating a setting in which physical distancing is insured between myself and the other adults, as well as between parents.
- we meet outside, in the car park, in order to try to maintain a 2m distance between adults.
- All the necessary conversations with parents take place by the phone or via emails.
- The interaction between the children and other people in the forest are limited as much as possible
You also have to remember to monitor your child-ren’s well-being as well as your own, and not to bring them to my service if they or any member of your household are showing any symptoms of the viral infection.
The same applies to our Forest School facilitators. If one of us has symptoms, I will inform you immediately and cancel all the groups until cleared by a doctor (i.e. tested and advised as to next steps).
If your child develops symptoms while being in my care, I will call you immediately so that you can pick him/her up and I will isolate this child from the group to reduce the risk of contamination between them .
During the session, I will ensure that:
A heightened awareness on good hygiene practices including hand washing is promoted.
I will make sure that:
• The children and I have access to water, soap, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer.
• I have a bin with me, where we can discard our own rubbish, our paper towels, and our one-use tissues (I empty and disinfect this bin daily).
• I have a sanitizing spray with me, to disinfect toys/objects we use during the session (ex: craft materials) following HPSC guidelines.
I ask you to supply your children with their own bottles, and their own snacks.
I also ask you to pay my fees electronically, in order to avoid handling cash.
To ensure that I have the most up to date information and guidance, I visit HPSC regularly.